Besides that they are delicious, these muffins are also full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties as well!
Benefits of eating Sweet Potatoes
The sweet potatoes contain high amounts of the beta-carotene, which actually is very beneficial and good against dangerous free radicals that are inside our bodies.
- Free radicals are damaging our DNA are affecting its makeup and that causes mutations.
- Various cancer diseases may occur, due to cell mutations.
The sweet potatoes are also containing a lot of anti-inflammatory properties and are high in nutrients that can fight against acute and chronic inflammation.
- Numerous chronic diseases may occur due to inflammation, and if you do not treat it on time it can cause health issues as well.
Sweet Potato Muffins with no Flour
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground nutmeg, and ground cloves.
- 1 tablespoon of both ground ginger and ground cinnamon.
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt and 1/2 cup of pure organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut flour
- 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons of organic olive oil
- 3/4 cup of organic canned coconut milk
- 3 organic eggs, lightly beaten
- And of course one small organic sweet potato, roasted
- Heat the oven on around 400 degrees.
- Oil up a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Poke little holes on the sweet potato and place it in the middle, then cook it for about an hour (until it becomes soft).
- After an hour remove the potato and let it cool outside.
- Peel the sweet potato from the skin and put it in a bowl for mixing.
- Throw the skin or eat it if you like – a lot of vitamins are contained in its peel.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the potato and mix and mash until the mixture is smooth.
- In another cup mix all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the potato too, and stir well.
- Pour the mixture in to the muffin cups and fill them around 2/3.
- Put it in the oven and cook them for about 35 minutes.
- Then take the muffins out, let them cool a bit and dig in!
Cook these tasty and healthy muffins for your friends and family, serve them at your next family meeting, event the pickiest food lovers will adore them.
Share this article with your friends, let them learn about these healthy muffins too!