As the years go by, our body becomes weaker and weaker, and it starts to function at much slower pace, which is the main cause why we start to experience different health issues, like joint pain and muscle pain.
Our ligaments, cartilages and joints are the most vulnerable to the aging process, and that’s why when we grow older, first we start to experience pain in those parts, but the pain is debilitating and severe.
Therefore our medicine offers a pain relief with the usage of painkillers, but that pain relief is only temporary, and since there is no long-term pain relief, try this natural drink which can improve your ligaments, cartilages and joints health, and it will soothe the pain in them:
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 2 cups of chopped pineaples
- 8 ounces of crushed sweet almonds
- 8 ounces of water
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
Start cooking the oatmeal first, cook it for 10 minutes and let it cool down a bit. Add all of the other ingredients to a blender, and blend them together until the mixture is homogenous. When you’re done, start drinking 2 glasses on daily bases for 15 days. Drink the first one early in the morning on an empty stomach when you get up, and the other one right before going to bed.
Also the health of your joints strongly depends on your diet, which is why you want to consume foods that can strengthen you joints and that can take care of the optimal condition of your ligaments and tendons.
– First you want to increase the consumption of foods that are rich with vitamin C, like strawberries, kiwi, tomato, orange, raw peppers, parsley, broccoli, etc. this vitamin is able to inhibit the process that can lead to inflammation on your body, along with the omega-3 fatty acids, and can actually support the maintenance and synthesis of cartilage and collagen.
– Also make sure that your body is hydrated all the time, which means you need to intake a lot of water during the day. The synovial fluid in our joints will be synthesized if our body is hydrated, and actually our joints will be lubricated, which prevents from friction between our cartilages with other tissues. You should be drinking at least 2 liters of water a day!
– The meats contain a lot of proteins in them, which actually causes the production of our necessary amino acids, that are helping us to synthesize our cartilage and speed up the recovery time of an injury.
Also it is also very high in zinc and iron, which actually are very beneficial in the recovery of injuries. Also meat can be replaced with many other foods that contain a lot of proteins like legumes, fish and nuts.
– Consume Allium vegetables as much as you can, like onions, young garlic, leeks and mostly garlic. These veggies are the richest source of sulfur, which is the main ingredient for the creation of collagen, and many other elements that are desperately needed by our cartilages, ligaments, tendons and bones. According to the latest researches, sulfur deficiency may lead to slower joint repairs. Try increasing the intake of other foods that are rich in sulfur as well, such as asparagus and cabbages.
– Try to optimize your levels of phosphorus, calcium and magnesium as much as you can. They are the only ingredients that can make your bones strong, and we shouldn’t forget vitamin D, which is constantly correcting the deficiency of calcium in our bones.
– Increase the intake of omega-3 fatty acids, they are mostly contained in bluefish, like sardines, mackerel, tuna and salmon. Actually they prevent from the negative effects of the oxidative process while we exercise, on our cell membranes. Also the inflammatory mediator’s synthesis is inhibited by them too. Try to increase the consumption of fish at least 2 times a week, and increase the intake of nuts, and seeds that contain a lot of omega-3 fat acids!
Controlling your body weight will be wise, because obesity is directly bonded to joint injuries while working out.