12 Morning Stretches to Help You Get Rid Pain, Stiffness, and Excess Fat
Daily yoga exercises are able to provide very positive effects, it will make you happier, more relaxed, more peaceful and mindful, and improve all other emotions. But yoga practice on daily basis is also able to prevent from obesity and maintain a balance in your weight.
There are different yoga styles, and each one of them has its own focus. A study was done by Guarracino and some of his colleagues, in which men and women over the age of 18 were examined by practicing relaxation yoga and hatha yoga, the study lasted 4 years. At the end of the study it was concluded that both of the yoga types maintained the participant’s weight.
It is no surprise that even the most basic yoga poses can improve our core strength and maintain a balance in our weight.
The Sun Salutation is one of the most common practices in Hatha Yoga. All you need to do is, preform these poses in the sunrise to make your day wonderful, but if you are not a morning type of person, you can also preform these poses at any time you want to preform them. These poses are able to burn fat accumulation, because as our muscles stretch and our circulation elevates, our body starts to heat up. Enjoy the Sun Salutation and its powerful and beneficial effects of this practice, by following the steps that are listed below:
- Stand up tall on the yoga pad, face forward with your feet parallel, put your palms together and gently press right in front of your chest, while your shoulders are back and down.
- Slightly bring your arms above your head while inhaling, then press a bit more as you raise your hands above your head while looking at them.
- Then reach forward towards your toes, while exhaling and try to touch the ground, but do not bend your knees, only if it is necessary.
- Then inhale deeply and reach with your right leg back as further as possible, and try to keep it straight, and the left leg should be bent knee over ankle. Place your palms right next to your ankles, while you are facing up, and look forward.
- Then put the left leg in the same position as the right one, your body should make a plank position in which it is parallel to the floor, while you keep your arms straight and your palms flat on the floor right below your chest.
- Then you should exhale and lower the elbows, knees, chest and chin towards the floor, you should be in a push up position and look forward.
- Then press with your palms and lift your legs and hips slightly off the floor, while inhaling and keeping your legs straight.
- Then try to form a downward facing dog, while exhaling. The bottom and hips lifted towards the sky, and keep your legs straight, also your feet should be flat on the floor. Your palms should also be flat on the floor and your hands stretched out as further as possible, while your head is left hanging.
- Inhale and bring your right leg in front of you, it should go between your hands and in front of your chest. Keep the other leg straight with your hips faced towards the ground while you are facing forward.
- Then exhale, bend toward your knees while still keeping your feet together, leave your head hanging and try to touch the floor with your palms, without bending the knees.
- Deeply inhale and stand up tall with your hands above your head, while your palms are slightly pressing each other, and you facing forward.
- Finally Exhale and bring your palms in front of your chest, still pressed towards each other, and face forward with your shoulders pressed down and back.
Once you have completed these 12 steps, the Sun Salutation is completed. As you practice these poses on daily basis, you will feel stronger and stronger every day. As you become more experienced, you can try new poses in order to stretch your body further to the limit, exercises that you will need to practice. All you need for these poses is an open mind and a yoga pad, you can improve your well being and your life in general by practicing these yoga poses on daily basis!
Share this article with your friends if you find it interesting and helpful!